If you’ve landed here but you’re a regular Slowdown stalwart, head straight on over to the TryBooking page if you already know the drill and which tickets you’re after! For our new friends – welcome! Read on below for how our fantastic festival works…
What is Slowdown Weekend all about?
The emphasis of the weekend is learning at your own pace from some of the best in the business. During the registration process, we ask that you choose your current level of dancing, so we can monitor the numbers of the different levels. There will be staff on hand during the Slowdown weekend to help you choose the right classes for you. Classes are open to all dancers, and registering accurately including your dance experience helps the organising team plan a stellar weekend of classes suited to the majority. The teachers are locked in and the schedule will be available shortly! Check out the array of classes you can attend, including fabulous history talks by three of the best in the business, and choose your own Slowdown adventure!
What do I register for?
There are a variety of fantastic events, with tickets available to all activities, and of course passes to the whole weekend! If you’d like to do it all, choose a GOLD pass, which includes access to all workshops and social events. You can then come and go to as much of the weekend as suits you. Those taking part in the whole weekend are also eligible for a small discount, in return for being a part of the all-important ‘Volunteer Team’. We’d be thrilled to have you play a small but integral role throughout the weekend, and can take some $$ of your ticket by way of saying thanks. When registering for a gold pass, tick the box that you’re interested in volunteering.
If you’re interested just in workshops, you can purchase one of the WORKSHOP passes (Saturday day or Sunday day) described below. Please note, while you can purchase tickets for the social events at the door in October, we cannot guarantee that workshop passes will be available or for sale at the door.
For those who would like to attend the social events only, you can purchase a SOCIAL pass or simply pay at the door.
If you’re on Facebook, jump onto the event, invite your friends, and let us know you’re coming!
Tickets are available now! Sign up for your spot at the door of each venue.
Gold Pass – $295
– Access all areas! The pass of all passes to allow you to participate in all Slowdown events, and swan in and out of the weekend as you desire. Register during the first two months to obtain the early bird rate for a full weekend of slow dancing bliss.
– Please note that Follow passes are SOLD OUT.
Partner Gold Pass – $540
– Valid when a lead and follow register together for Slowdown
Weekend Workshops Pass – $195
– Attend both days of dreamy workshops
Parents Pass – $295
– A ticket that can be shared between parents and used at alternate events throughout the weekend
Far and Flung Weekend Pass
– We welcome our dancing friends (new and old) from Western Australia, Northern Territory, Tasmania and New Zealand to enjoy entry to all events at a reduced rate, taking note of the extra miles you have to cover to get here! If you’re coming from afar, contact us for the Far and Flung promotion code to enter into Try Booking.
Saturday workshops only – $110
– Entry to one day of workshops (please note Follow passes are SOLD OUT)
Sunday workshops only – $110
– Entry to one day of workshops
Weekend Social Pass – $115
– A weekend of social dancing on Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights (and early morning after parties!)
Friday Night social $40
– Entry to the first event of the weekend, the Friday Night social, including a kicking class and live music.
Saturday Night social $48
– Entry to the Saturday social event, including a fantastic taster class and live music.
Friday After Party $20
– A night owl? Entry to just the Friday after party.
Saturday Night After Party $20
– Entry to just the Saturday Night late night.
Sunday Night Dance $20
– You’re working all weekend but can join in the closing party.
You asked and we listened: we now have awesome merchandise for you to purchase to wear during the weekend, as well as after the event so you can wax nostalgic about all the good times you had at Slowdown Weekend 2018!
Available this year we have t-shirts and – by popular demand – zip-up hoodies! Both have the same back design: “Slow swing, balboa, blues & solo” and the Slowdown 2018 logo.
T-shirts are $33 and hoodies are $55. They’ll be available for purchase along with your registration tickets, as well as at our opening night social and (pending remaining stock) at other events throughout the festival.
Plus for a bit of fun: this year you can buy your very own Sammy the Snail!
Slowdown Refund Policy
A full refund, less a $20 processing fee, will be provided if cancelled before 31 July 2018.
A 50% refund will be provided if cancelled on or between the 1 August to 30 of September 2018.
No refund will be given if cancelled on or after 1 October 2018.
For refund enquiries, email email@example.com
Exceptional circumstances will be managed on a case by case basis.
Join in this dreamy array of events, happening for the third time only in Australia, all in beautiful Canberra. New people to meet, old ones to catch up with. You won’t be disappointed.